In honor of celebrating 70 trips around the sun today, here are 70 lessons I’ve learned along the way:
1. Be optimistic.
2. Go on a hike.
3. Eat fruits and vegetables.
4. Read, read, and read some more.
5. Eat beans!
6. Prioritize sleep.
7. Be open to friendships with people of all ages.
8. Learn from your mistakes, but also from your successes.
9. Listen to podcasts.
10. Have conversations with people who have different views than you.
11. Be authentic.
12. Stay true to your values.
13. Don’t be afraid to follow your heart.
14. Prioritize creativity and innovation.
15. Be open-minded.
16. Try new forms of exercise.
17. Remember that mentorship comes in many forms.
18. Find reasons to be outside.
19. Be open to criticism.
20. Push yourself to innovate and grow.
22. Own your health.
23. Lead with love.
24. Find your purpose and stay true to it.
25. Have integrity.
26. Surround yourself with people who fulfill you.
27. Forgive others and forgive yourself.
28. Take chances.
29. Admit when you are wrong.
30. Seek win-win-win solutions.
31. Find new music and don’t be afraid to dance to it.
32. Laugh often.
33. Find hobbies you enjoy.
34. Play pickleball.
35. Spend time in nature.
36. Lead by example.
37. Make your dreams happen.
38. Eat the plant rainbow.
39. Remember that purpose evolves.
40. Don’t be afraid of carbs. Whole grains are part of a healthy diet.
41. Give appreciations.
42. Receive appreciations.
43. Be self-aware. Good leadership demands it.
44. Prioritize movement.
45. Take every opportunity to learn something new.
46. Recognize that creativity is unlimited.
47. Make choices that prioritize your health and longevity.
48. Constantly invest in and evolve your team.
49. Walk, walk, and walk some more!
50. Find time to disconnect.
51. Be a conscious leader.
52. Life is an adventure – let yourself enjoy the ride!
53. Stay active.
54. Eat a whole food, plant-based diet.
55. Find your community.
57. Let go of fear.
58. Accept love and give love.
59. Don’t forget that friendship is a two-way street.
60. Learn how to cook.
61. Create value for all your stakeholders.
62. Do what you love, and it’ll never feel like work.
63. Be curious.
64. Recognize that culture is self-organizing, dynamic, and feeds on itself.
65. Take risks – they can lead to the greatest rewards.
66. Play games. They aren’t just for kids!
67. Spend quality time with those you love. It’s the best stress relief!
68. Celebrate business’s ability to create value.
69. Practice gratitude and give back.
70. Love life!